What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is essentially a cap shaped like a tooth. Dentists use it to restore weak, broken, or decayed teeth. Imagine it as a snug hat for your tooth, providing strength and protection. Before a dentist in Hull fits your crown, a small amount of enamel is removed to ensure a perfect fit. These crowns can be crafted from various materials, including resin, metal, and porcelain, catering to different needs and preferences.
When Would You Need a Dental Crown?
You might need a dental crown for several reasons, such as:
- Strengthening a weak tooth.
- Protecting and supporting a cracked tooth.
- Restoring a worn-down or broken tooth.
- Holding a dental bridge in place.
- Covering a severely stained or discoloured tooth.
- Covering a tooth after root canal treatment.
- Topping a dental implant.
Ready for a dental crown consultation in Hull?
Contact us today to schedule an appointment and take the first step towards restoring your smile's health and beauty.Click Here
Types of Dental Crowns Available in Hull
- Metal Crowns: Made from gold, palladium, nickel, or chromium, metal crowns are durable and long-lasting. Their metallic colour makes them ideal for moralistic colour.
- Porcelain-Fused-to-Metal (PFM) crowns combine metal strength with porcelain’s natural appearance. They match your natural teeth but may wear down opposing teeth’ enamel over time.
- Pressed Ceramic Crowns: These crowns, which feature a hard inner core, are similar to PFM but use ceramic instead of metal. They offer the translucency of natural teeth but can chip over time.
- All-Ceramic or Porcelain Crowns: Best for mimicking tooth enamel and suitable for those with metal allergies. Zirconia crowns, a popular type, are known for their durability and gentleness on opposing teeth.
- Same-Day Dental Crowns: Utilising CAD/CAM technology, these crowns are made in one office visit and are crafted from a digital impression of your teeth.
- All-Resin Crowns: A less expensive option, but more prone to breakage and typically used for temporary crowns.
Why Choose Hull for Your Dental Crown Treatment?
Located in the vibrant Spring Bank West area, Hull offers state-of-the-art dental crown treatments. Our clinics have modern technology and skilled professionals to ensure you get the best care. Whether it’s emergency care or a routine check-up, Hull’s dental services are renowned for their quality and patient-centric approach.
Frequently Asked Questions
On average, dental crowns last between 5 to 15 years, depending on the material and your oral care routine.
The procedure is usually pain-free, as it’s performed under local anaesthesia. Some mild discomfort post-treatment is normal.
The cost varies depending on the type of crown and the specific treatment requirements. Contact our clinic in Hull for precise pricing.
Yes, crowns can often be repaired depending on the extent of the damage. However, in some cases, a replacement may be necessary.